RELM is seeking passionate and highly talented Landscape Architects, who are creative, organized and possess strong leadership and communication skills to join our dynamic landscape architecture and urban design practice in downtown Los Angeles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate on project teams, working on multiple large scale, complex projects concurrently
- Conduct project research, site visits and prepare site reviews and analysis
- Develop innovative and highly creative project design solutions in response to challenges posed by project’s scope, via both hand and computer graphics
- Preparation and coordination of design presentation materials
- Preparation of construction documents, project specifications and cost estimates with project team and project managers
- Participation at client, design team, agency & contractor meetings and preparation of meeting minutes
- Responsible for management of project team workflow, ensuring collaboration, maintenance of schedule, and comprehensive project coordination at all levels
We are looking for an outgoing individual with the following attributes:
- Possess a full range of project experience in the design of both hardscape and plantings, from conceptual design through construction administration
- Ability to adjust to dynamic project needs on multiple project types and scales
- Ability to translate conceptual design into construction drawings and details.
- Ability to construct and administer CAD drawings in accordance with studio standards
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong design and graphic production skills including hand drawing & rendering and digital media
- Strong oral, written and graphic communication skills
- Excellent time-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to self-edit work and command a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team setting
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office required
- Working knowledge of 3-D modeling programs Sketch-Up, Rhino and associated plug-ins
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- Professional licensure, or progress toward obtaining licensure.
- Background in plant sciences, living systems, or sustainability a plus
Please forward via email a cover letter, resume and work samples to careers@RELMstudio.com.